World-class sounds captured with a dedication to quality, realism, and emotive power.
Pro Sound Effects has teamed up with Academy Award®-winning sound editor Richard King to develop his private sound library into King Collection.
With four Academy Award® wins for Best Sound Editing over the last two decades – Dunkirk (2018), Inception (2011), The Dark Knight (2009), Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2004) – King is among the most renowned sound designers and supervising sound editors in the industry today.
His sound library has been steadily and masterfully built throughout his feature film sound career and continues to serve his craft as an invaluable tool. We're so excited to share these world-class sounds with you.
“Sound in film can be, and should be, a three-dimensional experience where you’re feeling the world as one feels the world in life.” – Richard King
What sound artists are saying about the King Collection
"The sounds in King Collection are high-quality and oozing with character, and they fit right into my projects without much additional time spent tweaking and processing."
Mike James Gallagher
"King Collection Vol. 1's fresh palette of sounds is inspiring to work with. Rich metadata and great character make for efficient searches and refreshing new ideas."
"I have over a million files in my library, and the sounds in King Collection Vol. 1 are like nothing else. Every sound has character and mood, and the metadata is brilliant."
King Collection: Vol. 1
A powerful, vibrant and compact general library.
Richard King Vehicle Series
Comprehensive vehicle recordings and workups.
King Collection: Aircraft Pro
The most extensive aircraft sound effects library ever.
King Collection: Aircraft
Go-to aircraft sound effects for any project.
King Collection: Guns Pro
The most extensive gun sound effects library ever.
King Collection: Guns
Go-to firearm sound effects for any project.
King Collection: Watercraft
The most extensive boat and ship sound library ever.
Colorful, clean, and diverse door recordings.
Want to know more about the King Collection?
- VIDEO: Take an inside look (and listen) at the vibrant quality of King Collection: Volume 1.
- BLOG: Check out some of our favorite questions/answers from Richard King's Ask Me Anything on Reddit.
- VIDEO: Sign up to watch the full 17-minute Film Sound Design Master Class for a candid discussion with Richard King.
- BLOG: Get the stories from the epic recording sessions behind the Aircraft and Watercraft libraries.
- VIDEO: Learn how to create impactful gunshot sounds for first-person shooter games using King Collection: Guns.